Keyglove Forums
mr_kino

Mini PCI Express breakout board schematic

Hi everyone,

I am developping a personnal project based on a mini pci express board, and this keyglove project is the first one i found talking about a generic mini pci express breakout board.

I wondered if someone could send me some pcb shematics?

Maybe i didn't find the right link to it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kino

Hi Kino,

I don't have full schematics available for those boards yet (namely because the designs don't work properly and have been heavily modified since then), but I did just push up the Eagle libraries I use that include the mini PCI-E parts, both the receptacles and the card edges. The particular library you want is called "sf-keyglove.lbr" and can be found here:

https://github.com/jrowberg/keyglove/tree/master/hardware/eagle/libraries

Which version of Eagle are you using? I have v6.4.0 currently. I was able to open the library there without problems. The XML formatting of the .lbr file appears to be intact when viewing it on GitHub; does the file you have on your local computer match what is visible when viewing the source online?

jrowberg,

Don't use that library part, it's not built correctly.  Mini PCIe pads are not placed on top of each other, rather they are offset.  I have attached a pic of what the pads should look like.  Refer to figure 2-3 from the PCI express mini card spec 1.2, and note the offset from the datum is 1.65mm on the top, and 1.95mm on the bottom.  (though the drawing uses opposite sides of the datum for the top and bottom, which is confusing).  

11331529403_dfb87732d6.jpg