Keyglove Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NicoHood

Bluetooth module for HID usage

Guest NicoHood

Hi,

ive read several post here and it seems that you might help me with my question:

What i try to do is to connect my Arduino (uno, mega, pro micro, whatever) with my wii remote. I bought an hc-05 and as i read in this forum and from other sources it seems that this modul doesnt support hid usage. Ive never dealt with that before so i might be wrong.

What you did was to let the arduino act like a hid bluetooth device. But what i want to do is to connect a bluetooth hid device. With my hc-05 i got at least the name and the address from my remote. and if i search for devices my pc and the wiiremote (if i press the buttons) responds. But pairing or linking always failed.

Do you know what i could do? I read that you are using the WT12 as hid device. But can it also be a master and receive that data from my remote?

Thx :)

Nico

Hello Nico,

As noted in some of the other posts, I am unfortunately not familiar with the HC-05's capabilities other than that it does not appear to support anything other than basic SPP (serial port) connections. I might be wrong about this, but everything I have seen so far about the module indicates this.

As for the WT12, although it is a very powerful Bluetooth module because of the iWRAP firmware that runs on it, iWRAP only implements the HID device side of the profile, and not the HID host side. You would not easily be able to connect a HID device (like a Wii remote) to a WT12, since iWRAP is only built to work in the other direction.

Guest NicoHood

Okay, thats a word! So for a HID Host i have to use a usb host shield.

The WT12 seems very expensive to me. And the only seller i found for breakout board was you :D Is there any other chip that is cheaper and also supports HID as slave like a keyboard?

Thanks for your help :)