Keyglove Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mystd

How usable is the glove already?

I kind of hoped a buyable version would be available this year, but it doesn't look like it.... So how usable is the current version? How long will the finished glove aprox. take?

There's currently no build notes on adding the conductive elements to the glove. I'd also be interested to know how long it takes to go from an unmodified glove to one with a bunch of conductors and wires added to it.

You might want to watch this video on sewing conductive snaps: https://www.adafruit.com/products/1126

If you want to get started as quickly as possible building something you can use, you might consider picking up a bluefruit and playing with it. Out of stock at the moment at adafruit, but it's cheap ($20), seems easy and well documented. I haven't personally tried it though.

Here's the docs, you can see it's very simple to set up: http://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-bluefruit-ez-key-diy-bluetooth-hid-keyboard/user-manual

The bluegiga can do things that the bluefruit can't, but not sure how much of those things you'll need when building a keyglove.

Nice thing about the bluefruit is you can use it without any sort of micro controller, but then still hook it up to an arduino when you want more power.

Well that would be nice to play around with, but I'm more interested in the keyglove. The question is would it be wiser to wait a year or more for an offcial keyglove release or start building one and always update it. That's why I want to know how usable the keyglove is in its current state. If it's still too buggy and not really usable I'll wait. I'm very interested in it because I want to be able to write/code with it in different positions. I have problems with my back and I can't sit for too long in the same position, but with a keyboard I'm kinda forced to.